Update from MnDOT on Hwy 65 Construction Project
Weekend Highway 65 Road closure
10 p.m. Fri, Oct. 27 through 5 a.m. Mon, Oct. 30
- North bound Hwy 65 will be closed between 109th Ave. and Main St./Co. Rd. 14
- 114th Ave. is closed at Baltimore St.
- Traffic will be able to cross Hwy 65 at 117th Ave./Paul Pkwy.
- Follow signed detours for local business access
- North Bound Detour: East on 109th Ave., north on Radisson Rd. and west on Main St./Co. Rd. 14 to NB Hwy 65 (click for map)
September 11th through November 2023
- Hwy 65 is reduced to one lane in both directions between Co. Rd. 10 to Viking Blvd
Information about upcoming traffic impacts will be posted as details become available. Motorists will encounter lane closures and four weekend closures before preliminary work is completed in late November 2023.
During construction in 2024, motorists can expect head-to-head traffic for installation of box culverts at Coon Creek bridges and in areas of full-depth pavement reconstruction. Single lane traffic on side of the road not under construction and lane closures along the project area.
About this project
Preliminary work is underway to build four temporary crossovers to carry traffic across the median next year. The crossovers will allow traffic to cross the median and travel in a single lane in each direction on the side not under construction. In addition to this year’s crossover construction, crews will also replace 12 culverts along the 14.5 mile stretch of road between Spring Lake Park and East Bethel.
Resurfacing of Hwy 65 from Co. Rd. 10 in Spring Lake Park to 237th Avenue in East Bethel begins in the spring of 2024.
Summary of work
- Resurface Hwy 65 between Co. Rd. 10 in Spring Lake Park and 237th Ave in East Bethel with some areas of full depth pavement reconstruction to correct settlement
- Full-depth pavement reconstruction to correct settlement
- ADA improvements to bicycle/pedestrian crossings at intersections
- Drainage repairs
- Install box culvert at Coon Creek and Viking Blvd
- Install cable median guardrail from Bunker Lake Blvd to 237th Ave
For the latest updates on this project, please visit MnDOT's website at https://www.dot.state.mn.us/metro/projects/hwy65slp-eastbethel/index.html