The City of Ham Lake contracts with the Anoka County Sheriff’s Department to provide police protection for its residents and businesses.
Currently, Deputies are assigned to the City for a total of 36 hours each day. Basically, that is three deputies, each working a twelve-hour shift assigned specifically to our city.
Good communication between the City and Anoka County Sheriff’s Office is maintained in numerous ways. A representative of the Sheriff’s office attends a monthly City Council meeting to report on activity within the City during the past month, a representative from the Sheriff’s office attends a monthly staff meeting and the Law Enforcement Committee, which includes the City Administrator, Mayor Van Kirk and Councilmember Wilken meet monthly with the Sheriff’s Office.
The City has adopted Curfews for Juveniles, as a part of its City Code.
Would you like more information on:
- How to start your own Local Neighborhood Crime Watch Group,
- How to obtain assistance from the Sheriff’s Office for your community event
- How to inform the Sheriff of a traffic concern/problem
- How to get a copy of a police report
- How to obtain a Permit to Carry
Just select this link and you will find answers to these and many other questions or you can call the Sheriff's Office at (763) 324-5000.